Registration and Cancellation Policies for GLS –Campouts and Other Outings
1. All participants must register in writing through the person designated as the registrar. Only the registrar will be authorized to determine if space is available.
2. No registrations will be accepted until an outing has been announced to the full membership via the electronic and paper versions of the newsletter.
3. Space on any outing will be assigned only upon receipt of all required application forms (completed and signed, if necessary) and of payments. The number and types of forms may vary from outing to outing. A name and email address for each person taking a space on a trip is required so people do not hold space for someone who is uncommitted and so that each person receives trip information.
4. Confirmed reservations are non-transferable. If it is necessary to cancel a confirmed reservation, it is unfair to others on a waiting list for the original registrant to reassign that space to a friend. Doing so circumvents the screening and registration procedures, as well as the efforts of the trip planner to facilitate carpools, food groups, and other details.
5. As with any GLS outing, acceptance of any individual on a trip will be at the discretion of the particular Outings Leader for that trip.
6. Registration fees will be refunded to any Outings Leader who plans and leads a group hike during camping trips or other outings that include leader-led group activities. Serving as a co-leader for such activities does not qualify for a refund.
7. Once the allowable number of participants has been confirmed, a wait list will be compiled. If a cancellation occurs, individuals will be contacted in the order in which their names appear on the wait list. Failure to respond within 24 hours will forfeit one’s place on the wait list. Registration for most trips will close 7 days in advance of the trip, unless decided otherwise by the trip registrar and the trip leader.
8. All cancellations must be made in writing to the trip registrar. Cancellations received at least 14 days in advance will be refunded the registration fee, less $10, if and only if the space can be filled. Otherwise, the full fee will be forfeited. Cancellations received less than 14 days in advance of a trip will forfeit the full registration fee. If a personal or family illness or other extenuating circumstances cause a last minute cancellation, that person may appeal in writing to GovCom for a waiver and partial refund. In all cases, no refunds will be issued until after the scheduled camping trip or outing.
9. To facilitate trip leadership and safety, registration and payment is required in order to participate in any aspect of a camping trip sponsored by the GLS Governing Committee.
10. Should the Governing Committee cancel a camping trip for any reason, all registrants will receive a full refund.